Thursday, November 15, 2007

Family and Friends...thank you.

So this last week my mom and two brothers came to visit. This was a much needed visit. I have been going through some pretty tough times as many of you know and well, out here on exchange you can get lonely, homesick and, especially when you are going through hard things, you can get the feeling that there isn't anyone to talk to. With that being said I just wanted to say thanks to all those who have had to listen to my rambling and for those who have been supportive. I have great friends and a great family and I just wanted to acknowledge this for once. I actually do appreciate you all, despite my grumblings and overall orneriness (couldn't resist not using that word).

Here are some pics from Sweden and Copenhagen:
In an old barn in Den Gamle By (the olde town)


My brothers faces are pretty funny in this Warren G inspired pose



The bicycle that I ride around here, which coincidentally bears my name!


I think Bug is trying to tell us something about Nathan....



The old fountain in Sweden (It is freezing there BTW)


This was the coolest thing- it was gold mosaic, the picture didn't do it justice.



My mom, Nate and Bug in the center of the townhall in Sweden...Nate was grumpy.

3 comments:

A. Kuhni said...

I am sorry to hear that you are having a tough time...are you all right? Do you need a hug? Can't give it to you but find some lady on the street that kinda of looks like me and ask her to give you one. With that said, I am so happy your mom and brothers made it out there to see you. If I was single, childless and rich I would totally come and see you too. Seriously, I hope you are happy and having fun. Let me know if I can do anything for you.

Joseph Cone Darnell said...

Stanley, doth the morrowWind not blow in Danmark? No video game to get a little escapism fix? Well man, I wish I was there to kick it with you and keep you from feeling lonely. I get pretty lonely here in CO from time to time...I have friends, but in the end, you miss being around people that really know you. Can't wait to show you around Colorado.

Stanley said...

Yeah believe it or not I just haven't been into video games for awhile now...I think the last morrowind like episode was 2 years ago...For some reason they just don't have that same Morrowindic mysticism any more! Yeah I am pumped to go to CO....and I might just say to hell with my return ticket and drive to AZ with you anyways...you only live once man. And you do have a new car right?? :)