Monday, October 08, 2007

Danish Findings



Ah Danish products, devoid of clever marketing logos, descriptive information and any hint of graphic design, yet still outrageously expensive. This "skum" is a popular word. I have found dairy skum, grooming skum, cleaning skum and even beauty supply skum. I think it means cream or something like cream.



So this is a sign that was at an aquarium I visited. I found it really funny because I think it may underemphasize the importance of not putting your hand in the shark pool by giving it a funny and quite happy cartoon look. I almost stuck my hand in just to see if sharks really do have a sneaky devious grin on their face right before they bite your hand off. Come to think of it I have seen a lot of funny signs here- the exit sign for example, it is an image of a stick figure man running toward a door-ish rectangle. Very literal and once again, not a hint of sleek graphic design, unlike this Japanime inspired danger sign.



This little postcard gave me hope though because it is quite funny and quite sleek, but then again the words are in English not Danish so maybe it was not designed here....but I like to think that it is Danish because 1- It is risque and 2- I found it on my apartment bulletin board. It brought me back to those days when I was Joey and Tom's neighbor!

2 comments:

A. Kuhni said...

Vulgar!

Joseph Darnell said...

...back to the days when me and tom were on the left side, listening to you farting and giggling under the covers. yeah, takes me back too.

miss you man. Danmark seems awesome.