Monday, October 15, 2007

København

So last week I went to what we call Copenhagen to visit with a group of exchange students here at Aarhus Universitet. The group included: 9 Italians, 1 Dane, 1 French, 1 German, 1 Belarusian, 1 Chinese, 2 American and 1 Kingdom of Bhutan-ish student. Talk about an odd assortment. What I learned most was that Italians are consistently the latest people I have ever met. They have literally no concept of punctuality or time- and remember friends, this is me speaking! They are also really fun because it was non-stop goofing around so I am glad I was able to meet them.

Some interesting points to Copenhagen- 1. Copehagen tobacco is incidentally not at all Danish, nor is it even sold here I am told
2. Christiania is a dirty hippy sector that is more reminiscent of Jamaica than Europe
3. The statue of the Little Mermaid is extremely overrated



To get to Kobenhavn which is situated on an island from Aarhus you can take a Jet propulsion ferry, they are pretty sweet and pretty fast...these jets of water were about 50 feet high and 300 feet long..pretty impressive!



This used to be the whore part of town for old sailors but now it is the trendiest of streets because the bourgeosie have gentrified it and made it "quaint and cute"



My group in a shameless tourist pose....



A small Cherubim reminiscient of the pure soul of Spencer..........

6 comments:

Amber said...

Indeed Jared, it is I, Amber... and yes, I do have a three year old. It really boggles my mind as well! So I am loving the awesome signs and products you are finding in "Danmark"... I wish I could find a bottle of Soft Barber Skum in my neck of the woods. So, how the heck are you? Ashley tells me when she talks to you but I am sure she is leaving at all of the juicy details so I am excited to hear them from the horses mouth (no, I am not implying you look like a horse!). Send me a message when you have time!!!

Amber

Joseph Darnell said...

Stanley,

it is I, Cone. Keep the blogs coming man...love em. put yourself in some of the pictures too. I know you always run the risk that some novice will cut off your head or ignore the rule of thirds, but I want to see how fat you're getting off danishes.

Stanley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stanley said...

Joey I am in the shameless tourist pose....I am the last one in the train....

Spencer said...

Its fun that you found taht cherubic likeness of me in Daneland. Oh how I remember those endless days and long nights of standing in that cold studio wearing nothing but angel wings and a smile. Ah memories.

Unknown said...

oh that picture reminds me of a certain mildenhall totem pole pose, inspiring.