Monday, October 01, 2007

Danmark





So apparently that is how Denmark is spelled here...it got me to thinking- Was it so hard to say "Danmark" that we had to change it to Denmark, or Spain instead of Espana or even Deustchland for that matter- who is the bum that decided to call it Germany instead...sure it was Germania but it was Germania before english had even been invented so what's the deal?! Anyways there are a lot more difficult Danish words than "Danmark" so I've come to learn during my month here so far...

It has been a good month, at first i was sad because i had literally zero friends and nothing to do and because I thought I had forgotten my camera cord and therefore could not blog pictures like I had planned. Then I made some friends and simultaneoulsy realized that my computer had a slot for picture cards. (Lest you mock, this IS my first computer I've ever owned) Denmark is a pretty relaxed country, the people are cool- a bit introverted - and very knowledgable about world politics, history and they speak amazing english so I am so happy about that because like I said, danish is literally the weirdest language I have ever heard. So if any of you out there would like to visit just let me know!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

congratulations on finding the 'picture card' slot you retard...looks pretty cool over there, i'm collecting my change for a plane ticket over there, we'll see if i save in time...

Stanley said...

Umm I'll wait to hold my breath seeing as you visited me NEVER in minnesota...oh wait you did in 1997- my bad.

Joseph Cone Darnell said...

hey man, Danmark looks pretty sweet. Glad to see we're back on the blogwagon (that's intended to be pronounced with the gw forming one sound "blo - gwagin"). By the way, what the hell are you doing there? I mean, are you shadowing a dentist, working as a dentist, fixing danish teeth rotted by sweet danish danishes? do they even eat what we call a "danish" there? inquiring minds want to know. miss you man, miss you every day.

Amber said...

I see you still have the rad personality that I had come to love in Utah! So, send me a message sometime Jared and perhaps if you ever come visit AZ Ash and I can flat iron your hair again... MEMORIES!!!

Amber

A. Kuhni said...

It looks like it's a pretty cool place to be hanging out in. My family lines are from there. Have you met any Poulsen's? If you do, give them a big hug and kiss from me and tell them I miss them.

Are you missing your woman yet?